Thursday, 2 December 2010

Aiden Grimshaw - lost on The X Factor


I didn't really have time to endorse Mr Grimshaw before he was outrageously voted off the show a few weeks ago. I didn't really notice him during the auditions, but his first performance on the live shows doing Mad World was just incredible. Over the next weeks I began to realise that my main reason for watching the programme was to see what Aiden would be singing - everything else was just decoration.

When he ended up in the bottom two in Week 6 I was shocked beyond belief - but it was alright because he would still be saved. And then he bloody left. I had a bit of a tantrum (bring back Fame Academy!, etc) and suddenly my whole interest in this year's series vanished.

Hopefully Aiden will continue to pursue a music career - I think he has a stunning voice and amazing stage presence for someone so young - and an album will one day appear on the horizon. Until then, so I don't forget, here are all of his performance's from this year's The X Factor including the sing off which should have kept him in.

Week One - Mad World


Week Two - Jealous Guy


Week Three - Diamonds Are Forever


Week Four - Thriller - my favourite! He did the Imogen Heap version!


Week Five - Nothing Compares 2U


Week Six - Rocket Man


Sing Off - Don't Dream It's Over


It's still a bit upsetting he's not in the finals :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment