Wednesday, 6 April 2011

US PILOT SEASON 2011



Squeeeee ohmygodohmygodohmygod it's US Pilots season! It has to be in my top 5 culturemouse things I look forward to throughout a year (Sundance, Edinburgh Fringe, Leeds Film Festival and the West Yorkshire Playhouse new seasons being the others). I'm being even more dedicated to it this time around as my US viewing schedule has been dwindling rapidly. Gossip Girl and 90210 stopped being fun ages ago (I should know better, I know) and do not even get me started on Supernatural (I haven't even seen the last episode before the break yet - such a chore! But yes, meta episode = fabulous). Even Damages I forget exists because it's become so poor. There's a massive gap where the likes of Lost, Nip/Tuck and even Dollhouse used to be and I can't live on Pretty Little Liars forever (well, I can, but I might turn to mashed potato. Which wouldn't be a bad thing. Add some wasabi paste...mmm...)

I've been trying to put things right by watching the amazing-why-have-I-just-noticed-it-now Mad Men, The Walking Dead continues (or will continue) to be enjoyable, and Boardwalk Empire is next on my list to watch.

But I desperately want something new to get excited about, that I can watch in real time with everybody else instead of being behind or staying loyal to a dead dog. I've decided it's time to stop gawping so much at the CW - it's never going to be groundbreaking, so stop watching so much trash! I need to turn my attention to the other channels instead, who with their bigger budgets attract the talented writers, cast and fresh ideas. Obviously not CBS as they're shit, but you know, all the others. So my list this year is longer and has more depth to it - I'm punting on a lot of things that I probably won't even end up watching, but I'm spreading the word for you readers, too.

Here's what I'm looking forward to seeing - I'll be looking at a new network every day, starting with Fox later tonight. Hopefully my new favourite show exists in there somewhere...


No comments:

Post a Comment